HYGGELIG

05:46:00

I never knew what it was called, 
I guess I'd always just term it as 'cosy',
Like a 'warm and cosy feeling',
I was sitting by the window in my flat, 
With a cup of warm coffee in my hand, 
It was drizzling outside, 
But the window was open, 
The atmosphere in which the rain falls was fresh, 
And thus, I let it in.

It was peaceful and quiet, 
Cuz people naturally don't come out when it rains, 
At least not that I see outside my window, 
All I could hear was the sound of car wheels, 
Running over wet asphalt surface, 
Probably on their way to grab a lunch, 
During that one hour lunch break.

While taking sips on my cup, 
I then realised the exact word I felt, 
Hygge was what came to mind,
Which I had read in a book by Meik Wiking, 
One of the books that changed my perspective, 
Into something more positive and a happy well-being. 

I'm not going to talk anymore about what Hygge means,
I guess you'll have to read it to find out,
And when you understand what it means,
I'm sure you'll feel it even in the simplest and littlest things you do,
Like how I feel with my little cup of coffee,
By the window on a quiet Friday morning.



By: Hannah Ismail
12.05.17

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe