PHOTO DIARY: BEAUTIFUL ORVIETO, ITALY

10:25:00

So, continuing from my previous post about Orvieto attractions in my Travel Tales, but unlike Part 1, this one is more of a Photo Diary edition, I'll let the photos do all the talking. Orvieto's beauty can't be described by only words, so these photos will take you through Orvieto's town and all the pretty little details I captured.

Like this one right here! :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

On the next day, after my conference session, without realising, our feet took us to Il Gelato di Pasqueletti again, haha (such a lie - we were totally aware and wanted them so badly). This time, I tried pistachio and dark chocolate flavour - uh oh... man it was the best chocolate-flavoured anything I've ever tasted!



Fizal loves his Panna Cotta and Creme Brûlée flavoured gelato. 

Pretty neighbouring restaurant near the gelato shop.

After a good dose of gelato, we then walked around Orvieto to some cliff surrounding the town, which offers breathtaking view of the landscape. There were walls built at the cliff edges for defence and protection purposes from invasions in the ancient times. Read more about it here.


Pretty much the views we encountered during our walk around the town - this is a part of the residential areas. 

How pretty!

Orvieto terrain is pretty hilly, so you'll come across lots of views of rooftops.

That Mediterranean vibe. 


Then came this greenery beauty in the view - a lot of these landscape photos were taken by Fizal when he was walking around on his own while I was at the conference.

Just look at that vast beautiful landscape.







The cliff where Orvieto town is situated on.



Here are more random streetscapes and pretty sights - and why I love this town...










Every little detail counts! :)



And finally, my most favourite one! I love the colour contrast and the classic Italian feel this photo gives! The owner of this house was just smoking by the window and waving at us as we took this photo, hehe. 



This is it for my post on Orvieto, a town that has captured my heart. I really enjoyed my stay there and I hope this post can be of good use to anyone planning to visit Orvieto in one way or another.

Until then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe